The issue of how to get rid of asbestos is an important aspect considered by the builders, architects and residents of houses where the roofs are made of asbestos-cement materials.
How to get rid of asbestos cement – question most often asked by the residents and owners of single-family homes, as they pose a direct threat to the family at the moment of damage as regards the ceramic asbestos surface, which can be extremely harmful to residents. Asbestos cement has been used in previous years due to its easy availability, price and durability of construction elements made of it.
Recently, the medical community has proven the harmfulness of asbestos cement and its strong carcinogenic and pathogenic properties. Asbestosis and other diseases caused by asbestos fibers are at present incurable diseases – asbestos fibers are so dangerous because they form microscopic needles that accumulate in the body and it is impossible to remove them even surgically which constitutes considerable threat to life.
How to get rid of asbestos cement – advise the builders themselves – replace the roof surface with one of the following:
- sandwich panel
- ceramic tile
- bituminous materials.
Sandwich panels with a core made of polyurethane, polystyrene or mineral wool do not exhibit any harmful properties and are used in most buildings. A technical review conducted by an expert from the construction supervision industry enables the determination whether you need to replace the roof and whether it contains harmful elements.
Removal and disposal of asbestos (asbestos cement) should be performed by a qualified company.
Transporting asbestos waste (asbestos cement)
Preparation of products and asbestos-containing waste to be transported to the place of storage is done in a way that eliminates the emission of asbestos fibers into the environment:
- Tightly packed in polythene foil with a thickness not less than 0.2 mm waste products and bulk density equal to or greater than 1000 kg/m3.
- Solidification with cement, and then after curing a tight pack in polythene foil with a thickness not less than 0.2 mm of waste containing asbestos and bulk density of less than 1000 kg/m3.
- The sealed package of waste in contact with asbestos and classified as waste bulk with density of less than 1.000 kg/m3 in bags from polyethylene foil with thickness of not less than 0.2 mm, and then placed in a package of polyethylene foil and sealed.
- Keeping the asbestos-containing waste wet during its preparation for transport.
Labelling all products and waste containing asbestos::
- All products containing asbestos or the packaging thereof shall be marked as follows:
- Labelling in accordance with the given pattern should have dimensions of at least 5 cm high (H) and 2,5 cm wide.
- The marking shall consist of two parts: the upper (h1 = 40% H) containing the letter “a” in white on a black background and a lower (h2 = 60% H) containing clear and legible in black or white on a red background .
- If the product contains crocidolite, the words “contains asbestos” should be replaced by the phrase “contains crocidolite / blue asbestos”.
- Storage of packaging prepared for transport in separate places protected from access by unauthorized persons.
- Cleaning of the means of transport of the elements which could damage the packaging during transport prior to loading the prepared waste containing asbestos.
- Prepared for the transport tightly packed waste is placed on one-way pallets.
- 9. The pallets are transported on a pallet truck to the working platform of the car.
- The working platform is lifted to a height of container.
- The pallets are transported by pallet truck to the tonneau.
- The charge of waste containing asbestos should be fixed in such a way that during transport it is not exposed to shocks, overturning or falling from the vehicle.
- Tautliner is sealed and the load is transported to the place of disposal.
- Disposal takes place on the industrial waste landfill Lublin Environmental Protection Agency. The company has the appropriate license for the purpose of landfill industrial waste
Means of transport as regards asbestos waste (asbestos cement)
We have the following equipment:
- Mercedes Sprinter van with a lift for container
- Pallet vehicle for loading pallets with waste packed in foil
- a large amount of disposable pallets to place waste on them
- foil 0.2mm
- equipment for packaging
- marking equipment
- pump to wet the asbestos and spray suitable preparations
- equipment for securing cargo during transportation
- industrial vacuum cleaner.
We have qualified staff:
- the driver with permission to transport hazardous materials
- trained installers and packers experienced in handling hazardous materials containing asbestos
- workers with the necessary means of personal protection – overalls, masks, goggles, gloves, etc.